Translate

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Serious conversations with my boys

HEY!!!!!!
Good morning, you guys. I know I said I wouldn't be here during the week, but I came down with something and am home sick. I'm really not even going to get into this right now, as I have more important things to talk about. I was talking to Jack and Mike again, and the conversations got really dark and serious really quickly. Mike told me his grandpa was hit by a car and died soon after, while he, Jack, and the guys were playing a show. I feel so horrible for him, I really hate to see him go through this. He isn't the first friend I've tried to help through a loss, but it's pretty difficult doing this again. I hate seeing other people in pain, remember? I just wish this had never happened. Mike said he didn't get to tell his grandpa goodbye or anything, and just kind of assumed he'd still be here when he got home. I'm glad at least he has his family, friends, and girlfriend to help him through this. I hope he'll be all right. Jack's birthday is coming up very soon, and he was saying he doesn't want to get older, it kind of scares him. He also said he misses the simplicity of his teenage years, when all he had to do was keep his room clean, do his homework, and practice guitar. I kind of have to agree with him in a way; though my teenage years weren't perfect, either. He said if you fuck up as a kid, everyone says "He's just a kid, give him a break." If you fuck up as an adult, however, you're in deep shit for minor things sometimes. I think a lot of people who've grown up wish they could be kids again once they find out how difficult life as an adult can be. Jack also did something I think was really amazing. At their last show, he was told about a kid how was bullied so much he decided to take his own life. As it turns out, some of the bullies were at the show, and Jack called them out for what they did to this kid. He didn't get violent or angry, he was actually just very calm and cogent. I was really proud of him for standing up for someone who can't stand up for himself anymore. Once again, I have to say, I love these guys!!!! There's a reason I'm friends with them. I think that's it for now. Thanks a lot for reading, love you guys.

Today's song is " Ballad of the refugee" by Rise Against
BYE!!!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment