Translate

Saturday, August 11, 2012

EXCITED!!!!!

HEY!!!!!!
I'm really looking forward to Jack's band's upcoming show, and seeing him again. I'm kind of afraid it'll be weird seeing him face to face again after only communicating through Facebook these last few months. Mark asked me if I could hang out with him sometime soon, and I said it would have to be next week sometime because I have plans for the weekend for once. He asked where I was going, and I told him kind of reluctantly that I was going to a show my friend's band is putting on. He kind of smiled and said "Oh, that guy."  I think I'm wearing down his resistance to the idea of liking Jack's band. I played some of their music and he said "This is your friend's band?" I smiled and said "Yeah." He listened quietly for a few seconds, nodding his head. I smiled and said "No jokes?" he said "No, this isn't bad." I don't know if I want him coming to the show, I sure as shit don't want him going into the pit. I guess it might be good to have to have a "bodyguard" at the show, to use his term. I was fine at the other 2 shows I went to, and I know the guys in the band, so I'm not too worried about it. I think this is less about Mark getting into an amazing new band, and more about finally getting into a part of my world I've been really reluctant to let him into until now. I'm listening to another indie band right now, the guy who hit me up on Vampirefreaks is their singer. They're from Spain, so of course all their lyrics are in Spanish. He assumed at first that since I'm from the U.S. I don't speak any other language. I think I kind of surprised him by understanding almost every word he sang easily. These guys are pretty amazing, too. Another guy hit me up on Vampirefreaks telling me about his band,  which is also pretty good. I seem to have become a magnet for band guys, lol. I think it's because I'm always talking about how much I love music and shit like that whenever I introduce myself to someone. They just assume that since I'm nice and love music, I'm easy prey. >_> Damn it, they're usually right. I'm not complaining, I guess; it's a good way to make new friends. I wish I'd had the guts to this outgoing before. Oh, well. I'm just always a little afraid in the back of my mind of what others will think. I'm always afraid of overstepping boundaries that I shouldn't and killing something good. I'm still afraid sometimes of pushiing it too far with Jack and Mike, though thankfully that hasn't happened yet. I'm probably going to be super nervous the day of the show, I hope it doesn't get bad. It still seems weird to think they're my friends, I've seen and heard what they can do, and it still doesn't seem real. I guess that's it for right now. I've got to go feed Oliver.
Today's song is "The perfect boy" by The Cure
BYE!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment