Translate

Monday, April 19, 2010

Posting on a hot day







As usual around here, it's gone from being almost freezing cold to being scorching hot in about a week. I hate this, I'm already sunburned on almost every spot I've left exposed to the sun, and it hurts. I was out walking a lot for exercise today and yesterday, I walked about 6 hours all together and am freaking beet red. It's not that I didn't put sunscreen on either, it just never seems to be enough. What's really embarrassing is that I was walking with my best friend and her little girl yesterday, and the baby didn't get burned. It's times like this I wish I weren't so pale, but what can I do about it? I've tried tanning, and that's something that'll never work for me. I'm like my dad again that way, my mom tans pretty nicely and he just thinks about the sun and burns. Okay, I'm still trying to figure stuff out about our trip. Can you believe I'll be in Japan in a month? I've already figured out some pretty awesome and fairly cheap stuff to do in Tokyo. I need to figure out more to do in Osaka, Kyoto, and Naha, though. I'm very excited about it, but I hate that I'm figuring everything out on my own, and my sister isn't helping anything at all. Like I said, I wish she didn't know I could do this. I shouldn't be complaining, it just bugs me that she always does stuff like this to me. I guess this is what I get for being the responsible big sister, right? We should really try to work through this, and I think we will, it'll be a few years before she's going to understand me any better. I just hate that I have trouble understanding my only sister. I've been trying to figure out stuff that both of us will enjoy and we can agree on. Thankfully she wants to see temples and go to sento and stuff like that, too. I'm glad that we can at least agree on that. I wonder if she's impressed at all that I am capable of doing something like this, I'm almost certain that she laughs at me behind my back and secretly thinks I'm an idiot. Okay, I have to stop whining about her. I'm adding some pictures of places that we're going, it kind of makes me more excited to be able to see these places before we get there. The pictures are of Kyoto, Osaka, and Naha respectively. I think this'll be fun. ^_^ I'd like to talk about my best friend now, though, since I mentioned her before. She and I actually have the same first name, and are a lot alike as people, too. I hate to admit this, but she's almost been more like a sister to me than MY sister. She and another friend of mine are basically the most awesome, funniest, and coolest girls I know. We've known each other for about 10 years, and have been best friends for almost as long. She, that other friend, and I are still very damn close, and I love that. It's nice to know that not all friendships you have in high school fall apart. Plus, they were some of the only girls in that school who were into anything that I was. It's kind of funny that we don't really act differently than we did in high school, even though we're all adults now. We can still be seen and heard walking and laughing together a lot, and it makes me really happy. She was one of the first to send me a happy birthday text on my birthday, BEFORE my sister. I just love that there are people like her, it gives me a little more faith in humanity, and a lot of happiness. I'm actually kind of jealous of her in a way though, she's got the whole domestic bliss thing going on, and I have my family and friends, but that's all. I'm totally not the easiest person to get to know though, and I'm kind of picky and shy when it comes to guys, so that's probably why. Plus, apparently I'm scarry. One of the guys my older brother used to work with and I went to school with actually said that. >_> That's probably only because I was sort of mean to the guy, because he was a total asshole to me in school. It was sort of funny, though, me scarring him. ^_^ I guess that's all for now BYE!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment