Translate

Friday, April 16, 2010

1 month, 1 day 'til I'm in Japan!!!!

I talked to my grandma yesterday about this trip, and she was really supportive. She was sort of hoping we would come to see her I think, but totally didn't let on. She's normally awesome, so I was hoping she would be happy for us and supportive of us. She and I have something of a special bond, because I'm her first granddaughter, and when I'm there I spend a lot of time with her. I'm also the only of her granddaughters living in the U.S. who speaks German, and I think she really likes that because her English isn't what she'd like it to be. Maybe she wouldn't understand my sister so well, even if she COULD speak German. I was talking to a friend of mine this morning and she said I was really brave to do something like this, and that she didn't think I seemed scared at all. Fooled her ass, didn't I? ^_~ That did make me feel a little better though, and I'm grateful to her for that. Okay, I think I've finally got everything figured out, so now all there is to do is to get our stuff together, get our Japan Rail passes, then go. It's hard to believe I've finally gotten it all together. Supposedly, the trip preparations are the hardest part, right? I guess now the worst is behind me (I hope). I've been listening to music from almost the second I woke up this morning, I thought I'd make a quick list of what I've been listening to:
AFI- "Prelude 12/21" I wake up to this song, it's a very close second to "Bother." It would be my favorite song if it weren't for "Bother."
AFI- "Just like Heaven" and "Jack the Ripper." These are both covers I found on youtube, but OH MY GOD, they seem like they can do almost anything. I'm listening to "Jack the Ripper" right now, and will probably have it stuck in my head until I go to sleep.
AFI- "Miss Murder"
AFI- "Miseria Cantare"
Social Distortion- "Mommy's little monster"
Slipknot- "Psychosocial", "Gehenna", "Pulse of the maggots", "The heratic anthem", "Sulfur" "People = shit" I love that Corey actually gets to show off his voice a little on the newer stuff, he's got a great one.
The Cure- "Just like Heaven", "Friday, I'm in love"
Green Day- "Minority", "Nice guys finish last"
Nirvana - " In bloom", "Smells like teen spirit" - Can't go without that song. ^_^
Metallica- "One", No leaf clover", "King nothing", "Master of puppets", "Cyanide"
Siouxsie and the Banshees- "Candyman", "Arabian knights"
Flyleaf- "Fully alive"
Rise Against- "Swing life away", "The prayer of the refugee", "The good left undone",
Nine Inch Nails- "Head like a hole", "The hand that feeds" SO good.
Blaqk Audio- "The love letter" ^_^ ^_^
Depeche Mode- "Precious", "People are people"
Marylin Manson- "Personal Jesus" "The beautiful people"
My Chemical Romance- "Mama", "Teenagers", "Blood"
Stone Sour- "Bother", "Orchids"
Alice in chains- "Man in the box", "Angry Chair"
I think that's about it, so far. This stuff has amazing cathartic value in my opinion, it really helps me relax and it sort of helps with venting anger and frustration in a nonviolent way. Some of it is also quite funny in a way, the 3 My Chem songs I listened to in particular have a great black humor about them. There's a lot of beauty to it, though, too. Stuff like "Prelude 12/21", "Swing life away", "Bother" "The love letter", and "Snuff" by Slipknot is amazingly beautiful to me. I have to say that Davey is really good at writing stuff like that, sort of poetic, romantic, and moving. I think I read somewhere that he was an Englisg major in college, it shows. A lot of his lyrics would probably quailify very easily as poetry without even trying. I love to read and write myself, so I can appreciate the beauty of a lot of what he says. i guess that's all. BYE!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment