Translate

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Freak on a leash



HEY!!!!!

I'm back again, if only to bitch some more. You have no idea how cathartic this is for me, though. I always feel better after I write, like a load's been lifted off my chest or something. Jack screams into a mic and shreds on his guitar for catharsis, and I write. God, I'm starting to miss him. I know I'll get to at least gawk up at him on Saturday, but until then, I WANT TO SEE HIM. I was lying on my bed last night, thinking and listening to his band (again), and got inspired to write a poem based on one of themes of the first song on their EP. I don't know how much sense it makes really, since I started putting my feelings about "us" into it. I'll write it up later in this entry. Of course, it would also help if you could hear the song. >_> I'm still panicking about my dad's coming here next week, too. I'm trying so hard to fight the panic, but it's almost impossible. Mark actually made me feel so much better when I was freaking out again yesterday, I swear that kid is more of an adult than I am sometimes. I know it's supposed to be a good thing that my dad wants to see us now, but we're all grown, and it's really hard to think of what to say to him. I'm actually almost afraid that he'll be disappointed in me, I wasn't like this really when he last saw me. I can't just erase the goth, you know? I guess I'll just have to deal with all of this as best I can. Okay, here's my poem:


Her heart is a sheltered cove not many have been to,

His heart is a distant harbor, warm and open, but so very far away

There is a small, but steady current connecting them,

Only few know of it

It gives them both warmth, life, and reminds them they're not as isolated as they think.


Okay, yeah, it makes a HELL of a lot more since if you heard the song.

Today's song is " Prelude 12/21" by AFI LOVE them!!!!

Thanks, BYE!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment